Carlos Santana successfully underwent a heart procedure last week, forcing the cancellation of several Las Vegas shows planned for December. In a video message Santana said: “I’m going to be taking time off for a little bit to make sure that I replenish and rest.” Michael Vrionis, president of Universal Tone Management, confirmed that Santana underwent an “unscheduled heart procedure” and said in a statement: “Carlos is doing fantastic and is anxious to be back on stage soon. He profoundly regrets that this ‘speed bump’ necessitated the cancellation of his upcoming performances.”
Santana’s heart procedure and recovery prompted the cancellation of his concerts at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino through the end of the year. However, the 74-year-old guitarist has just announced that he will be launching a new North American trek next spring calling the ‘Blessings and Miracles’ tour, kicking off on March 25th at the Toyota Center in Kennewick, WA, and wrapping up on April 16th at the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort in Mt. Pleasant, MI. Tickets will go on sale to the general public this Friday, December 10th at the link- here.
Editorial credit: Myzz Frantastic / Shutterstock.com